Monday, September 27, 2010

Why does drinking tea on an uniform stomach engineer me vomit?

It's weird. Just conventional plain Lipton tea makes me vomit when I drink it on an meaningless stomach. I'd like to know if here is a scientific justification behind this. Well, tea have caffeine which can be emetic (vomit-inducing) in substantial concentrations. I guess drinking it on an empty stomach may enhance its effects.
At most minuscule in the armour of green tea, vomiting is listed as one of the side effects (see second link).
Tea have tannic acid and can upset an worthless stomach. Try herbal tea instead. Celestial Seasonings has some really nice teas.
http://www.celestialseasonings.com/.
Do you experience this when drinking other caffeinated drinks? People enjoy different levels of sensitivity to caffeine, and it can basis nausea. It also may be a simple food allergy.

No comments:

Post a Comment